The Senior adult ministry provides many opportunities for our seniors to enjoy fellowship and opportunities to be active and involved with others. From Bible Fellowship on Sunday Mornings, monthly fellowships, an annual retreat at the beach, to spring and fall trips, our seniors enjoy a multi-faceted ministry with their needs in mind.
- March 19th Outing to Mountain Farm and Home Museum (Hendersonville) and lunch at Kelsey’s.
- April 16th 11:30am Covered dish meal at the Social Hall. Guest Speaker – Max Thomas. Max is a member of RSBC and will speak about his “cookie” ministry to the maximum security prison in Marion, NC.
- May 4th-8th Senior Adult Spring Retreat to Springmaid Beach
- June 23rd Outing to The Schile Museum (Gastonia), lunch at Cracker Barrel & Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden (Belmont, NC) $36 includes charter bus. Sign up two weeks prior. Leave at 7:30am and return at 5:30pm.
- July – No meeting
- August 18th Covered dish meal at Social Hall. Guest Speaker – Lieutenant Rob Dolby, the Easley Salvation Army officer.
- September – TBA
- October 5th-9th Senior Adult Fall Trip – Williamsburg, VA
- October 22nd Outing – ride up Hwy 25 and 1-26 over to Forrest City, NC, County Farm Museum, Lunch at Ryan’s, Bennett Classic Car Musuem, Hwy 64 back to Hendersonville. Stop at apple stand. Transportation on church buses. Leave in front of gym at 8:30am and return at 4:00pm.
- November – Thanksgiving Meal with Joyful Hearts in the gym. Pastor will speak and Mrs. Shirley will sing.
- December – No Meeting
Joyful Hearts – (Widows Ministry) – For more information on Joyful Hearts, contact Dot Rivers at: email@example.com
- March 23, 24 & 25 – Trip to Charleston
- April 9th – 6PM Special Speaker and Catered Meal – Chicken Casserole, Congealed Salad, Broccoli Salad and Dessert.
- May 14 – 6PM Ladies Ministry Celebration
- June 13 -Social Circle, GA – Blue Willow Inn – Kayla Culbertson, Guide
- July 9 – 6PM – Dennis Smith and Ella Hennessee, Meal: Chicken Salad, Broccoli Salad, Congealed Salad and Dessert
- August 15 – Abbeville Playhouse – Yoders Restaurant
- September 10 – 6PM – Pam Parker, Catered by O’Henrys BBQ
- October 15 – 6PM Costume Party – Hotdogs with all the trimmings
- November 19 – Noon – Thanksgiving Meal with Keenagers in the gym. Pastor and Mrs. Shirley will be our special guests.
- December 3 – Billy Graham Conference Center – The Cove