Childrens Camp 2014!
Summer Camp for children completing 1st through 3rd grades AND 4th and 5th grades will be held the week of July 7-11 at the Rocky Bottom Camp of the Blind in Sunset, SC. Registration is available on-line or at the Kidz Town Welcome Center. For questions concerning summer camp please contact Steve or Missy Fitch at 864-325-6999. The week of Children’s Summer Camp 2014 is going to be AMAZING!! Do not miss it!
Summer Camp is divided into age groups:
- 4th & 5th Graders (rising 4th graders may join this group) Campers depart the church at 8:00am on Monday, July 7th and return to the church on Thursday, July 10th at 10:45am.
- 1st through 3rd Graders (Grade just completed!) depart the church at 12:30pm Thursday, July 10th and return to the church Friday, July 11th at 4:00pm.
Rocky Bottom Camp for the Blind in Sunset, SC is located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Pickens county. The campers will sleep in a lodge. The boys’ lodge has bunk beds. The girls’ lodge has double beds, so there will be two girls per bed. The bathrooms are in the lodge which is carpeted throughout.
The camp has a swimming pool and two beautiful mountain streams running through the camp.
The entire staff will be made up of Rock Spring members. The food will be prepared by the folks in our church.
The chapels this year will be led by Steve Fitch and Josh Gibson. The Camp Directors will be Wayne Holcombe, Steve Fitch and Missy Fitch.
Each day will start with breakfast at 8:45am. The mornings will consist of quiet time, morning chapel and a competitive game. The afternoon has a mandatory R&R after lunch, after chapel at 2:00pm, free time from 2:45pm until 5:00pm followed by another competitive game prior to the evening meal.
Swimming, fishing, sports equipment, sleeping, etc are available during free time.
Evening chapel starts at 7:30pm followed by canteen and fun time with lights out at 11:00pm.
The spiritual side of Camp is structured to build toward the last night with chapel and a special time for reflection. This time is the spiritual highlight of the week. Therefore, we ask parents no to visit the camp on Wednesday night.
Monday Night is Costume Night and our theme is ZOO! Parents, help your child use their imagination and make sure your child brings a costume!
- Label all items with camper’s name.
- Pack the following for easy access and bring into orientation: all money, medicine and a signed copy of the rules ( Rules are on the registration forms)
- Shorts may be worn at all times
Packing List: (What NOT to bring is listed in the rules section of the registration form)
- Bedding - Pillow, sheets/blanket or sleeping bag
- Clothes - Old tennis shoes, extra pair of tennis shoes, a lot of socks, underwear, old clothes, conservative bathing suit (See rule #1), jacket/sweater, umbrella/raincoat
- Bathroom-Washcloths, towels, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, flip flops
- Other- Bible, pen, signed copy of rules, $ for canteen (.50 per item), bag for dirty clothes, flashlight, insect repellant, beach towel, fishing pole & bait, costume for Costume Night.